A lot of people have the name John. Thence, usually when people shout out, "Hey John!" they aren't actually talking to me. So, a lot of the time I simply do not respond to my name anymore, so I highly encourage you to come up with a nickname for me and refer to me by that.
Here is a list of some of the nicknames people have given me. Feel free to use them.
Merlin
Turtle
Oldroyd
Johno
Dear John
Phabio
Miley
(I'm really not sure how I feel about those last two...)
Bob
Flynn Ryder
The Techie Kid
(Don't really like that one either)
Hiram
I actually probably will respond to "John" because I really like my name, but I really, really like good nicknames, and, as you can tell, I need some new ones, so please feel free to make up somethin' catchy to call me.
But you should still call me John mostly, because that IS my name.
I feel the same way about "Catie" which is why my facebook is now "Princess Catie". oh yes.
ReplyDelete