Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Creative Post Title #1

I just want to share a story from my life. Today, I was doing tech crew for region choir, and I walked past a group of kids from a different school. As I walked by, one of them shouted, "Hey John!" So I turned to look at him and tried to figure out where I had met him before. Before long, however, he told me that he did not actually know me, but had read my name off my ballroom jacket, which had left me looking slightly foolish in front of all these folks. Hence, I decided to attempt to one-up him by guessing his name. I walked over to him and told him that this was my intention. "The first letter is in the second half of the alphabet." I said, and luckily, I was correct. At this point, the kid who was sitting behind him silently mouthed "Spencer" to me. So I made another statement. "The first letter is an S." "A lucky guess," he replied, slightly shocked. "Hmmm," I pretended to contemplate further, "Your name must be Spencer." This left him, and all of his little friends, in wonder and awe. After that I explained to them that I was magic (with a silent thank you to Spencer's friend,) and walked away. Win.

1 comment: