Saturday, May 14, 2011

Violin

Today I listened to Lauren Blair play Schon Rosmarin by Fritz Kreisler, Sonata in B-flat Major by Mozart, and Concerto No. 1 in G minor by Max Bruch, and I am absolutely blown away. That girl can really play the Violin. Really, it is a marvelous thing to hear a freshman in high school play music so professionally. It takes incredible amounts of effort and skill and emotion to create music that sounds so beautiful, and for that, I salute her.
Along with this topic, one of the reasons why I love Timpview so much is because Lauren isn't the only magnificent musician around these parts. On any given day I can waltz into a random room in the performing arts section of the school and someone in there will be practicing some song and it will sound like a choir of angels performing perfection. And then of course they go all humble and say something silly like "Sorry, I haven't practiced this song in three years, so it sounds really bad." No. I'll tell you what sounds really bad. A banshee singing a duet with a disabled frog sounds bad, not your musical genius. Keep playing.
Anyway, I basically just really love all my my musically gifted friends and look up to them and want to be like them when I grow up. Thanks for the music you've all given to me, whether it be in a performance, or practicing, or you randomly burst out singing, or even in the form of kindness. I really appreciate every note.

No comments:

Post a Comment