Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Long Time Ago...

Yesterday I went outside and outside felt like spring. Do you know when there is just a different feel in the air, and you remember things that happened on days of a similar feeling? Well the same thing happened to me. I went outside during lunch and looked at the pine tree that resides outside the commons, and I remembered this time last year when I got Riley's shoe stuck in that very pine tree. This is really quite an exciting memory. I also remember that we tried to get it down by throwing his other shoe up there, which, obviously, also got stuck. I can't remember exactly how we got them down, but I think we got some other stuff stuck up there in the process, and I know that we did actually get them down eventually. Along with this memory I remember random exciting events that transpired throughout the year last year, and the year before, and many years past. It is so lovely to take just a moment to reflect on happy memories of the past and remember what fun you've had. It can really brighten up your day. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment