Have you scene this before? (duh dun, crash)
There is a small pause. Both people look at each other slightly, then look away. Wait.
BOTH: Hi.
BOTH: Oh, hi! What’s your name?
BOTH: Haha, I’m Na/Kr
BOTH: Sorry, you go first.
BOTH: Nathan/Kristen
BOTH: Sorry, you go first.
BOTH: Nathan/Kristen
BOTH: Uh, well, it’s nice to meet you.
BOTH: Yeah, um, this is awkward.
BOTH: Ha, yeah, a bit…
They turn away from each other and wait some more.
BOTH: What’s your profession?
BOTH: I’m a Doctor of Psychology.
BOTH: Me too.
pause
BOTH: Okay, this is getting kinda freaky. I’m starting to think you’re doing this on purpose.
BOTH: I promise I’m not!
BOTH: ARGG!!!! This is insane!
Paus. Turn away. Slowly turn back.
BOTH: You thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’?
BOTH: Yeah, probably.
Both raise a fist, then play rock paper scissors.
Both get Rock.
Next round, Paper.
Rock
Scissors
Rock
Paper
Paper
Paper
Rock
BOTH: This is pretty intense.
BOTH: Yeah, I’m gonna leave. Like right now.
Both stand up and walk in opposite directions for five simultaneous steps, halfway turn back, then continue to walk away til they reach opposite ends of the stage.
BOTH: I’ll go back there some day.
Exit.
heh...heh....heh...awkward....
ReplyDelete