This post really has absolutely nothing to do with skylights, but that is seriously a pretty darn catchy title. Anyway, I just want to talk about a few highlights of my year.
I'm going to start by thinking way WAY back to summer band. That was the first time I got to play bass drum, and I loved it. And I hated it, but that was just because it was heavy. Everything else, I loved about it. I loved my awesome section and I loved the music and I loved feeling cool because I was on bass. One funny experience was when everyone else in my section was at girls camp, so I was the only one in the bass section for an entire week. As summer band approaches again, I can remember the feelings and experiences associated with it.
Secondly, fall band. At first, I was really sad that I didn't make it on bass for fall, but now I'm not so sure that it was a bad thing. The fall music for the frontline was a party! Plus I'm in love with mallet instruments. The thing I didn't like about it most was that the music was too easy. It was super fun, but it was also geared more toward beginning mallet players. I love fall band. Everyone just loves each other so much. Love is what makes music sound good, because music is really just love put in the form of radiation.
Thirdly, Early Morning Seminary. Brother Olivas was basically the best seminary teacher ever in the whole universe. Ever. He was hilarious, he made lessons engaging, he made lessons fun, and most of all when he taught the Spirit was so strong in the classroom, and I can't possibly think of a better way to start off a day.
Brother Pierce was also an awesome seminary teacher.
Fourthly (this could get old after a while,) Percussion class. For some reason this year Percussion seemed so much more fun, and so much easier, and so much happier than past years. I have loved it every single year, but this year is was just amazing! Maybe it's because all the percussionists were so superly friendly.
Fifthly (yep,) Second period. Best time of my life. I absolutely adore all of the people that I got to share this free class period with. I loved the awesome in depth discussions, and all of the hilarious things people would say. Zoe with her chemistry, Kat with her book, Kristen with her Physiology, Jacob with his EHS (just like everyone was supposed to be doing,) and all the random visitors that would pop in occasionally. I loved just talking with all these amazing people, and also randomly visiting Lauren while she was practicing her violin. Definitely my favorite class.
Next, my math class. You know, this class was actually kind of fun (when I was able to actually go anyway so I could understand the stuff.) Ms. Partridge was really good at teaching and making it understandable and fun. Math isn't all that bad. I still won't miss it next year though.
German was interesting. I'm gonna be honest and say I didn't like it as much this year as I did in past years. Probably mostly just because I wasn't able to go very often due to concert band and tech. I still love german. I wish I could speak it perfectly fluently along with every other language ever. I think that language is just spoken music. Anyway, I love german.
English was a great class. I really like english, and I want to be an author some day. I am currently writing a choose-your-own-adventure book because I am extremely mad at the stupid lazy bums that currently write this type of book. I'm sick of having it end after three pages, and I realize that you have to write waaaaay more the longer it goes on due to all the choices, but it's your job to write, so why not just do it?! I think I did pretty good on the English AP test too. For one of the essays I pretended to be asian, but that can't hurt, can it?
AP Biology was actually easier than I thought it would be, but I should have done a bit more studying. I think I still passed the test, but I ought to have done much better. Myrup is a very great teacher. I want to be his TA next year or something.
Ballroom was crap. Just kidding, I really enjoyed some moments of it, but I really just wanted to dance, but there was so much other junk I had to deal with for that class like competing and watching other ballroom concerts and whatnot, so it just wasn't worth it. I'm glad I quit. (Secretly I still dance sometimes though.)
Indepent music study was amazing. I learned a ton and got better at percussion.
Drama was great, but I really wish I could've been in the plays. Speaking of which.....
Man of La Mancha was incredible. It seriously changed my life. I did tell Riley, before we even had tryouts, that he was Don Quixote. Ah, that was such a powerful musical. I still have the script.
Two Gentlemen of Verona was really funny, but I don't really want to write about it right now. Instead, I'll share one memorable moment. That one time when Jake's nose started bleeding while he was on stage, yeah that was interesting. Good thing I had some paper towels with me.
I'm actually kind of glad that I didn't make it into the one-act, because that was kind of an awkward play. And I don't think that it was really all too funny. Mostly cheesy. I'm still proud of the actors though, they did great.
The Drowsy Chaperone was awesome. I really liked that one. It was cute and funny and happy, and I didn't have to spend my entire life to tech it, just a few nights. I didn't have time to get sick of it, so I still love it!
Due to lack of sleep, there is a big blank spot in my memory where there should be happy experiences during the school year, but I know that they were there! I love all my friends! You guys make life so incredibly much better.
Wow, I even got bored reading that through. I hope you guys didn't actually read this post unless you really needed to fall asleep. I apologize. I'll try to be more entertaining in the future.
I liked it. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, which essay did you pretend to be asian on? That's really funny.