I'd better talk about the marvelous events of last Friday.
Basically Senior Ball was a very good way to end high school date dances forever and ever. First off, the guys met at like 8:30 in the morning to finish our preparations, which included making sandwiches and throwing other food together in a way that looked semi-presentable. After that we picked up the girls and went rock climbing. Or at least that's what our plan was before the huge storm schwacked us even though there was a "0% chance of rain." So instead we played board games at Riley's house, and also had our picnic there, which I think was pretty great. The bit of sandwich that I made was most popular among the ladies; mostly because Riley and Michael both added mustard.
Oh, I should probably say who was with who. Michael was with Miriam, Riley was with Kat, and I had the best date ever, Kristen Blair.
And then we dropped off our dates and went home to get ready. Well, Michael took a nap and I had to take Riley to Timpview to interview potential drama council presidents.
Later that day...
We embarked on a further journey to collect our dates yet again. This time we were dressed up fancy. So, we showed up at Kat's house, and she was all ready to go and happy looking. And then we went to Miriam's house, but she was not ready so we went to Kristen's house, and there was nobody there except for a couple of the Blair's neighbors. So we had a party in the car. And then Sophie arrived, but she didn't know where anybody was, so we partied some more. (I have recently discovered that Sophie is probably the coolest middle schooler in existence, but that is a story I shall tell later.) Eventually, Kristen's wonderful father showed up and he interviewed me, which was quite enjoyable. Every Blair is perfect; I'm sure of it. Eventually Kristen arrived and we embarked off into the distance to take pictures.
Ellie Peak took pictures of us, and she is so skilled that she even managed to make my smile not look awkward! All these pictures are on Facebook, so I won't put them here. But they're amazing.
After those shenanigans we went to go eat food. We found Bombay House with no trouble at all (unless you count Riley and Michael, because they're nothin' but trouble when they backseat drive.) And Bombay House was sooooooooooo good! And I normally only put one "o" in "so." I really love drinking Lasses. Especially Mango and Rose and Mango Rose. Yummy. Also I am now a very huge fan of Chicken Tikki Masallah and those other delicious Indian foods that I got to eat. Believe me, Bombay House, I will be back!
After dinner, we drove to the dance. (This sentence was originally in German, but then I remembered that everybody doesn't speak German. Which is lame.) I like very much to see all of the people at the dance looking all fancy and pretty! (Of course nobody was as pretty as my date, but still.) Also at the dance Kristen and I decided that the music was too loud (and rather unpleasant) so we went for a walk. We managed to get kicked off the gold course (apparently so did the other two couples in our group.) (I'm putting lots of stuff in parentheses.) But basically it was super wonderful to have such a great opportunity to actually talk with Kristen and catch up after her being gone for three months. She's quite the wonderful person. I'm pretty darn lucky to be able to know her.
After the dance, we went to MC's abode the chill, but that only lasted like 20 minutes because we were all so tired. Then we went home. The End. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment