Monday, May 14, 2012

Just a Day, Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day


All of my classes went well. Government was boring as always. During Journalism I played EDH with Michael and Henry, which brought back many memories of German tour, and the Libby’s Potted Meat Food Product, and the Toilet malfunctions, but it was fun anyway. They got in trouble though because they did not have their articles finished (I thought they did or I would not have played with them. Just sayin’.) During seminary today we had talent day, where we all played music or sang or did stuff like that. I played my marimba solo on a xylophone, which made it sound pretty terrible, but the people liked it anyway. After that Kat and Kate and I went to Kat’s house and made scones (well actually Kat made them while Kate read children’s books to us and I drank all of Kat’s chocolate milk [actually I really did help a little bit by cleaning of the counter and holding the cookbook.])

 After that fun we took scones to the Woodruffs and saw them for the last time before their mission. I’m not going to see them for almost four years, which is extremely disheartening. I am extremely excited for them and for the people that they get to serve though. I really can’t wait for my mission, and I just know that it will be a truly wonderful experience. Those two, I will definitely be writing to. They have been such a great and wonderful example to me, and I can remember distinctly the occasions on which I met each of them. I met Matt when he switched into percussion from beginning percussion, and I was really impressed with how hard he worked and with how much he loved not only percussion, but also all of the people in percussion. After that I had many marvelous frontline experiences with Matthew, and it was great to work with him. I remember how Ameri thought that he was a freshman for the entire Fall Marching Band season. I think that if Matt had started percussion as a freshman, he’d be better than all of us.
                I remember when Matthew introduced me to Andrew. I didn’t know Andrew very well for quite a while, but then I started running into him more and more often (mostly after he graduated, actually.) I grew to love Andrew’s eloquent way of speaking and grand natural tendency to include everybody just as much as I love Matthew’s huge personality in a short body. I’m not sure how I got lucky enough to land in the group that was regularly invited to attend events with the Woodruffs, but I sure am glad that it happened. Both of them have really been such role models, and I’d even say heroes in my life, and I really will never forget the kindness they have showed me and the lessons they have taught me. Brazil is a lucky country indeed to be receiving these two good men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment