When my mother was in high school she was a straight A student. One day, she was feeling frustrated that some students got paid by their parents to keep their grades even at a B level, and she didn't get paid for straight A's! So, she explained the situation to my grandma and stated that she should get paid to keep her grades up. My grandmother simply responded, "Okay, you can have a dollar for every B that you get."
Needless to say, my mom got no money because she liked her 4.0 GPA. Good story, eh?
Anyway, I graduated. I got a cute little piece of paper with ink on it and a yellow rope and a funny hat with a fuzzy thing hanging off of it. I even got to play dress up and wear a blue sheet and walk across a red carpet while old people whom I don't know shook my hand, and then I got a picture with my hero, the high school principal. It was extra special because everybody else did it too!
That last paragraph was really sardonic, but I don't actually feel that negatively about it, I just wanted to write a sardonic paragraph about graduation because that's fun. Truth be told, graduation was a big moment, and pretty exciting! It symbolizes the transition between blah and blah, and I really like rubber duckies, and MC's speech was pretty funny. I don't feel like writing anything super in depth right now, but let's just say that high school was great. Oh, also playing in the orchestra at graduation was really fun. And I love the people who graduated with me, because they just make my life a joy. Thank you to everybody who has helped me to make it this far; I love you all a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment