Monday, October 31, 2011

1

Sometimes I feel that my first drafts are better than the final product, but the problem is that they never fulfill the requirements. Now obviously they aren't as "well written" as the finished piece of writing, but they seem to be much more raw creation and imagination. When I improve it it seems to just take away from what I was feeling at the time, so even though the point of improving it is to make it better--and I guess that it does help convey my message or my emotion better--it still seems to take away from the original reality of what I was writing.

P.S. This was a first draft, so even though it may appear to be really dumb or confusing, I fully understand what I was trying to say much better than I would if I had actually thought about it and read through and edited this piece of writing. I'm sure that if I went through and revised this, I would probably end up just deleting the whole thing because I wouldn't really care anymore, and I would probably think that second drafts are better or something.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment