Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Family

It's about time I blogged about my family, because basically they're the best people ever.

My Mother and Father are absolutely fantastic. I'm very grateful to be lucky enough to be born as Nephi of old, to goodly parents who love the Lord. I'm glad to have been taught and to understand that we must do as the Lord commands. (I love that song.) I cannot express how thankful I am to have parents who always encourage righteousness and hold FHE every Monday, as well as family scriptures and prayers every day. They have really given me most of the building blocks that make up my testimony. What could they possibly give that could be better?
I am extremely grateful to my Dad for always planning super fun family activities and always being there to talk to or laugh with.
I am especially grateful to my Mom for being an amazing cook and an incredible teacher. My Parents are the best.

My brother Will is one of my very best friends, and also a great example to me. I have tried hard to follow in his footsteps in things like scouting, band, and academic achievements, but I'm afraid he's got me beat. I'm still good competition for him when we play games or sports though. I'm really glad to have an older brother, and I wish I had more older siblings.

Paul is fabulous too. I feel bad for him that he has to endure through all these surgeries and things from his appendix exploding, but he's getting better. He'll be able to come to school tomorrow, which is definitely a good thing. I'm sad that he wasn't able to do band this year because of it; it would've been really fun to have him as a band buddy now that Will is graduated.

Robert skipped a grade and is now a 13 year old Freshman who doesn't turn 14 until June. Yeah, he's cool. It would be really great if he was going to Timpview so there would be three of us there at once, but I guess Meridian is cool too. I'm still going to try to convince him to go to Timpview next year though because Timpview needs someone like him; he's a great example to all those around him (including me,) and he may be tiny, but he has a huge testimony and a huge brain. That kid is going places. I'm glad I'm his brother.

Jacob turns 11 tomorrow. Yes, I already made him his Hogwarts acceptance letter. Holy cow. How can he be turning 11? I still remember him being 5. Anyway, he's a really hard worker. It seems like he's always busy with music or dance or school, and he always strives to become exceptional at whatever he does. Look out world, Jacob's coming.

Sarah's a real sweetie. She's really inspiring because she loves everything so much! I've never heard her say that she hates something. She loves dancing, she loves horses, she loves her friends and her toys and her blankets and her room and anything else that she comes in contact with. She's definitely delightful to be around.

Elizabeth is adorable. She is a pure bundle of cuteness with maybe a little bit of destruction mixed in. I remember one time that she poured a box of cereal on the carpet, and while I was getting stuff to clean it up with she added the milk. She loves commanding around her toys and being the boss, and you can't help but love her to death because she's so adorable. I'm pretty sure all the boys in her Sunday school class are in love with her.

David can do anything. He's going to be famous when he grows up, and probably for at least seven different things. He loves climbing and playing music and hanging out with his older siblings and his friends. Whenever I leave to go somewhere he always wants to come with me. The only problem with him is tracking him down.

Basically my family is amazing and I love them more than I love milkshakes. And that is saying something.

Of course I can't forget all of my friends either, because we're all spirit siblings! You're all my family and I love you a ton!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I love you. And really...I need to meet your family sometime. It's ridiculous that I haven't yet. This made me smile, basically. Oh, and I clicked on both "The Right" and "Pick Me." Just so you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete