Saturday, September 1, 2012

Friday.

It seems like I started college only a couple days ago, but really it's been almost two weeks! Oh how time flies when you are slowly collecting more stories to tell. 

And speaking of stories....

It was a warm late afternoon, the sunset smiling majestically as always as I made my way over to Helaman  Fields where I had heard there were shenanigans going down. Sure enough, when I arrived there were plenty of awesome people throwing around those wonderful 175 gram really sweet frisbees that BYU makes out of recycled plastic bottles, so I did not hesitate in joining in. Soon, the party was in full swing and we were playing some pretty cool getting-to-know-you games, and then there was a dance. Naturally I danced for a little bit, but then I saw a group of people playing ultimate, and that definitely takes priority over dancing. I soon joined in and we had an awesome game going on. I nailed some pretty sweet tricky tosses right to people in the endzone, and I even caught some really tricky tosses to catch. Anyway, I was really into the game, and so I was running forward to catch a frisbee that had been thrown in my direction. I stretched out my arm and snatched it from the air and then tried to make my feet stop moving. Unfortunately, the grass was wet, and my shoes were the not of the most frictitious footwear variety, so I successfully stopped my upper body, but my feet kept right on going. I fell backwards, thrusting out my arm at an awkward angle to catch myself, and then pop. My arm didn't feel so good. Before I worried about that though I switched the frisbee to my left hand and tossed it to an open team mate. After that I went over to my paramedics and they relocated my dislocated shoulder, and all was well. But while it lasted the dislocated shoulder felt pretty strange. 

Anyway, after all that I came home. After being home for about five minutes there came a knock at the door. I answered it and who was there, but Preston Sharp! My friend whom I haven't seen in about 7 years. Anyway, he was just going door to door with a group of other kids playing "Bigger or Better" which is an awesome game, by the way, and it was super random and awesome. 

After that Eva and Taylor came over to make sure my arm was okay, and then we went over to their apartment because we were going to watch a movie or something, but then we ended up just talking until 1:29 in the morning. This is my first time in college going to bed after 1. Sad. 

I'm not sure how exciting those stories were for you, but I like them, so I wrote them down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment