Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Okay, No More Urgh.

The play is over. Completely. Except for the hour or two it will take to rectify all of the tech mess that I dumped onto the PSS cart because I did not want to deal with it. I will now be able to sleep, and I won't have the two-and-a-half hours during the play in which I must keep coming up with depressing things to contemplate. I may also be the only person in history to have utterly convinced myself that the bendy light on the light board was a soup faucet. Maybe Brower will stop telling me that I should've tried out for the play, now that it's over.
One day, I will get money for what I've done, and then I can buy a celebratory milkshake.

I am definitely happy right now.

But before I put "A Winter's Tale" to rest in my mind forever, I would like to make note of a couple things.

Lauren + Miriam + Kat = Very beautiful in their dresses.

Riley + Jake = Not okay looking in their dresses.

Debussy is my friend now.

Parker Christensen is very good at explaining how Riley gets eaten by a bear.

Playing Pirates of the Carribean music before the show on closing night is exciting.

This is one play that I did not memorize while teching it.

I made many of my own happy additions to the script. I think it's much more interesting my way.

For all of you who think I played computer games during the whole play every day just because I had my laptop back there, you're wrong. I only did that a tiny bit. I wrote my Journalism article. And I played Chess like once.

It's not actually that scary to sit on a swivel chair on an eight foot hollow box after you get used to it.

It's really fun to talk about the future as if it's already happened. Such as, "By the time I go to bed, I will have finished this blog post." Admit it, that's much more exciting than "I will finish this blog post before I go to bed."

Kat's parents are fantastic. They bought me a Jamba Juice before the show twice. You really cannot get nicer than that.

It's been a pleasure doing business with you, Shakespeare dudes! You'all the best!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Does this mean you're going to exist again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play is over. Play is over! What am I going to do with myself? And thanks for the compliments, say my parents. And me.

    ReplyDelete