Saturday, July 16, 2011

Scout Camp

Wow. So much to say.
Well, first off I might as well admit that I left to scout camp with a crappy attitude and thinking that camp would be awful like it was at Scofield a couple years ago. However, Tifie turned out to be a very incredible camp, and I am very impressed at how just plain awesome it was.
Archery was extremely fun. I very much enjoyed testing my skills with a bow, and by the end of the week I managed to shoot a 42 out of 50 with a recurve longbow. Not bad at all.
COPE was incredible. It was pretty awesome when my entire team was able to successfully scale a 12 foot wall with no tools or other help, and crossing a chasm on swinging tires was a party. It was also pretty cool when I did hand stand on the swinging log and tried to say the entire Gettysburg address, and I would have been able to get the whole thing but somebody pushed the log so I ended up doing a front flip off it and landing on my back just in time for the log to smack into my head. Good thing I have a thick skull. :)
Now, my very favorite part of the camp, aside from the people, was Horseback riding. I never had any clue how fun that would be. I love Horses now, and I want to find someone who owns some and become their very best friend. My favorite horse was Clownie. He was really fun to ride because he liked clowning around, and going off the trail, and trying to bite other horses, etc... So it was always an adventure.
Now for the people I met. First of all, the Medic. He was hilarious. He would always come visit our campsite (around desert time every day. Without fail) and tell us funny stories. He really disliked preventable injuries, and he was pretty adept at preventing them (usually by duct taping scouts together.)
Second of all, Martin. He was pretty funny too, although he wasn't very good at learning the names of the scouts. Anyway, the main thing is that he was nice.
Next, our troop friend Gavin, Marcott, and other random staff members that loved our troop. (which was basically everyone, seeing as our troop was the most awesome.) The staff was incredible. They were all very kind and considerate, and although they were not the most experienced staff ever, they knew how to make camp fun, which obviously made camp a lot more fun.
Last but certainly not least, my favorite people that I met at Tifie, the Lindgrens.
Ollie Lindgren was the Horse instructor, and he was one of the funniest people that I have ever met. His wife worked at the Trading Post most of the time, and she was really nice, and their 9 children, who were all up at camp, were seriously some of the most amazing people I have ever met.
Olivia was really nice and great at teaching how to ride horses properly, and I should hook her up with my brother Will.
Indi is a really cool guy and it was fun hanging out with him a little bit.
I didn't really hang out with the girl my age or the guy just younger than me, and I never learned their names. Sadly.
Anyway, Cameo was my favorite. She reminded me a lot of Sophie Blair, and she was just plain great. Really funny and fun to talk to, and she was way better at riding horses than me. Unsurprisingly.
Lilly was also pretty great. And she was also better at riding than me, and she was like, 6 years old.
Kaela was awesome. She liked stealing my thumb though and she wouldn't give it back. Little kids are adorable.
Tova was the little baby, and she liked waddling around. It was very funny to watch.
Oh, I think I'm missing someone. Oh well, the point is, they are super incredible and I love them. It's too bad that they live so far away, or I'd visit them all the time, and make my little siblings play with them, because we'd all get along like 17 peas in a pod.

I've officially decided that I very much like random adventures now and shall no longer complain if I must be whisked away for a week, 'cuz whatever it is, it'll probably be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment