I am going to tell you my story of today. It's a very good story, so hopefully I can do it justice. Basically the gist of it is that I hiked mount Nebo (tallest mountain in Utah county) today with my dad and a couple brothers. But there is so much adventure and awesomeness that stemmed from this experience, so I should like to share a portion with you all.
First, I drove there, but that's not the exciting bit.
The exciting bit is the actual hike, which turned out to be one of the most absolutely gorgeous hikes that I have ever been on. It was also extremely long and extremely difficult, which only made it better, of course.
The first section of the hike was just a bunch of fields and stuff, but they were still awesome because they were filled with happily colored shrubbery and exciting insects. The next section of the hike made me feel like I was a hobbit in the shire, which basically means it was the best forest path that there ever was. After that we hiked over one mountain and got to see all of the cool stuff on both sides! Then we climbed a mountain and walked along a ridge and scrambled up some boulders and did some other crazy stuff, eventually reaching the very top of the north peak of mount Nebo, and reaching an elevation of 11998 ft! I jumped two feet in the air so that I could say I hit 12000.
At the top, it started to thunder storm and rain and wind very scarily, so we climbed down as fast as we could. It's rather intense when lightning is striking closer to you than you've ever seen it before, and you're on top of the tallest mountain in the county, and your hair is standing on end from static electricity. That storm made me feel like a character in an awesome adventure book.
Overall our hike took over 9 hours and I had to carry my brother Jacob for that last bit because it was too far for him. It was very long, and very intense, and very perfect. I would definitely like to hike that with some friends sometime. If they can handle it.
No comments:
Post a Comment