I want to design an ACT question for the English section that goes something like this:
I cannot buy the duck because I have no change.
A. NO CHANGE
B. No Change.
C. no, change.
D. no change
Here's a riddle for you:
Imagine that all of the twos are threes:
2^2 = ?
Now, you may have said, "easy, that's 3^3, which equals 27!"
And you may have figured out that if ALL the twos are threes, then so is the one in your answer, meaning it equals 37!
But, either way you're wrong. No matter how hard you imagine, 2^2 will always equal 4.
Here's a real riddle for you. This one has no trickery or stupid answers, it's just hard to figure out.
If the three below statements are all true, what does 33+121 equal?
11+31 = 32
34+42 = 132
13 X 31 = 133
Yes, I designed this riddle myself. It's pretty brilliant.
This is completely unrelated to my riddle, but my riddle reminded me of this.
Find the next number in the sequence:
313, 331, 367... ?
Answer: 379
It's a sequence of happy primes.
Any number that reduces to one when you take the sum of the square of its digits and continue iterating until it yields one is a happy number; any number that doesn't, isn't. A happy prime is a number that is both happy and prime.
uhhhh....
ReplyDelete