Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Life of a Me

Once upon a time, in the land of Timpview, realm of the fierce Thunderbird, there lived a strange little man named John. There was an annual festival in this mystical cavern known as the Christmas Band Concert, and as it loomed closer John was enlisted by DF, the chief of the tribe of "Bandies," to collect a token from each of the  eldest children of the tribe, and he succeeded (for the most part.) He then put these relics into a public display so that the eldest bandies could be remembered by those still new to this life in Timpview.


Anyway, enough of that.

Basically the Christmas concert was insane. It was no easy task hunting down those baby pictures.

Also I tried to do all of the stage tech by myself, while playing music that I had never seen before. In fact, we had 3 percussionists sight reading at least 6 different instruments off one sheet of never-before-seen music for the last song. It was definitely a unique experience. Good thing my slide show was going so nobody noticed the music. :)

I actually really enjoyed that concert though. It was the Christmas concert! You just can't not love it. Plus Steve Call is now my buddy, and I really like his double-belled euphonium.


No comments:

Post a Comment