Tonight I had the privilege of volunteering in the MTC referral center. That means I was at a computer, and when somebody went onto mormon.org and requested to chat with somebody, I got to be one of the people who could chat with them. It was really awesome. I got to talk to lots of people and answer their questions about the gospel.
Anyway, we were supposed to only be getting chats in English, but one time somebody started a chat with me, and they began the conversation with "Hallo. Ich habe eine frage." This means, "Hello, I have a question." IN GERMAN!!!!! I was super excited!!! I was then able to have an entire conversation with this person from Germany, and I could understand everything he was saying and was able to answer back! Folks, my German is definitely not that good. I'm positive that I was able to understand words that I have never heard before in my life. I was able to dispel both the rumor that Mormons can have more than one wife, as well as the rumor that the Mormons are in charge of the NPD (the neo-nazi political party in Munich.) And then, after that, The guy told me that he wanted to learn more about the church!!!! After that, I told him about the Book of Mormon, and then he gave me his address and I was able to refer him to the German missionaries who are going to go to his house to teach him!!!! This is the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. What are the odds that that person would just happen to begin a chat with the volunteer who could speak a little bit of German? Folks, the gospel is true, and the Lord will make sure those who seek it will be able to find it. I'm so very grateful for this opportunity that I had to share the gospel with somebody, and to give them the opportunity to learn more about the Church.
Also, for Seth: After we finished each chat, we were supposed to mark who each person was that chatted with us and what they wanted. The options were like, "Seeking information" and such. One of the options was "Trolling."
An awesome point to remember is whenever I have done it not one person ever popped up who spoke german or even another language for that matter, this guy just happened to pop up for John Oldroyd german extraordinaire, pretty awesome.
ReplyDelete:) great experience! So glad you got to help him! (also, Don't let John fool you, his German is great)
ReplyDelete