Oh, where to begin?! Trek was definitely one of the most incredible experiences of my entire life! I've been on Trek before, but since I was only 11 I cannot really remember very much of that, yet I was still able to remember quite a few things and know what was going on before it happened. Anyway, I'll just start at the start, seeing as that is a good place to start.
I must admit, I was not particularly ecstatic to discover that I was in the Red company, especially since I only knew a few others who were also in Red, and the rest were strangers; furthermore, when we were put into our Families I didn't have even the vaguest idea of who my siblings were so I suppose my energy level was relatively low. Of course, just like in all the happy movies and whatever, it turned out that I had a super-de-duperly incredible Family and that my siblings were all amazing. Now seems a good time to talk about them.
Note: I am using the past tense because I am mostly referring specifically to the duration of trek, not because the people in question are deceased or these things no longer apply to them.
Ma and Pa Roberts were very kind. I am extremely thankful for their example and their enthusiasm, and it was really awesome that they would join in all the games with us (even if "Bam Bam Yoki" got old very quickly.) Mostly they were just really fun to be around.
Taylor was awesome because he would always be willing to pitch in and join completely into any activity. He's not the type to just dip a toe in the water and complain that it's cold, he'd dive right in and have fun with it! It was especially fun to sing with him and tell him my riddles to let him try to solve.
Liam was an interesting character, that's for sure. He really liked to have fun and to make things fun for others. The only downside was that this led to the demise of Sam.
Britain was basically the coolest person ever. He made our family much awesomer, and pulling the handcart was a party. It was really fun to get to know him and have extremely random conversations with him. We're definitely going to party sometime.
Chris seemed to be always happy, and that is definitely a wondrous trait. I hope he had a very happy birthday today, because I'm sure he made many other people's day happy.
Crystal was the best big sister ever! I've always wanted an older sister, and having one for 3 days was great. I loved her great example and her comforting smile. She was always willing to help out the Family and cheer people up when they needed it.
Joy was always really nice and funny. It was great getting to know her better and see her doing constant acts of service for people.
Phebe had the best accent ever. I am totally going to Australia one of these days, and I am now completely convinced that it does indeed exist. But really, we all enjoyed making her talk to us just so we could listen to her accent. She was also really funny and enjoyable to be around.
Bronte was perfect. Really though, how did I not know her before now?! Talking to her was the most enjoyable part about pulling the handcarts, and it was very fun to learn more about her. She was a great example to all of us and it was a pleasure to pull her along in the cart.
Sam was the baby, and even though he was made of plastic and had to endure much more than a normal baby should (courtesy of Liam,) he was a good brother. It was fun to take care of him and to see each family member hold him and tend him.
This wonderful family of mine got me thinking a lot about the fact that they really are my family! We are all spiritual brothers and sisters and we all need each other to lift and strengthen one another. I love them all so much and I am so thankful to them for everything that they did for me. How can I be related to such amazing people?
I really really loved all the the activities that we did as a stake.
Square dancing was one of the most fun activities that everyone did together. Much more enjoyable than slow dancing is.
The actual trekking part was absolutely amazing. I love to feel the spirit, and when we went up into Martins cove, and when we did some of the things that the pioneers did, we really drew closer to Heavenly Father and became more understanding and loving. I hope to have many, many more experiences like this so that I can become an even better person.
I learned a lot of games on Trek, too. I loved having the experience of playing them with everyone, and I will definitely play them in the future.
I will go into more detail about Trek later, but right now it's time to sleep. In my bed instead of a tent. :)
Wasn't it wonderful? Ah, Tre(c)k. Ah, John! I'm so glad we got to hang out all week, even if too many things were figurative and your baby mauled my baby and you lied and said you didn't like square-dancing. :)
ReplyDeleteI miss it already. Hope you had a semi decent funeral for your baby.
ReplyDelete